books, magazines, and newspapers
learning and research tools
September 11, 2008
Summary Quest 2008
Posted by library at September 11, 2008 05:46 PM
- 207 kids signed up this year
- 132 of those kids read at least one book
- 33 kids finished the SummerQuest
- 1,051 books were read by kids participating in SummerQuest
- 254 experience points extra books were read by kids participating in SummerQuest
- 53 kids made items for Challenge No. 7 (Read a book that teaches you how to make or do something, then make or do it.)
- Camden read the most books 59
- Lily finished second
- Michelle kept track of how many pages she read - 23 books, for a total of 3,342
- Bersabeh was the first to finish
- Conner did every challenge both path A and path B and read extra books, for a total of 26 books.
- Ahamadu also did every SummerQuest challenge, for a total of 13 books.
- At least ten kids read a total of 20 or more books. In addition to Camden, Lily, Michelle, Bersabeh, Conner and Ahamadu, those kids who read 20 or more books were: Zahava (32 books); Grace (21 books); C.J. and Jeremiah (22 books); Joseph, Rachel and Chimey (20 books)
- If you add up all the ages of all the kids who signed up, it totals 1,618.9 years!