Special programs scattered throughout the year feature some of the best DC area storytellers, morris dancers, Tomás Eaglebear, and many others. For a list of upcoming programs, please go directly to
our program calendar. We list there both programs that require advance registration and those that are simply drop-in.
The following click calendar will also lead you to special events such as author appearances.
In addition to special events, we have some regularly scheduled programs for children. Registration for these is helpful because we can let you know if a program needs to be canceled or rescheduled.
- Neighborhood Circle Time for children from birth through age five. Tuesday 10 a.m. OR 11 a.m.
- Spanish Circle Time for children from birth through age five. Thursday 10:15 a.m. and again at 11 a.m.
- Bedtime Stories one evening each month at 7 p.m. for kids of all ages.
- Petites Chansons one Saturday each month, and occasional story sessions or special events on other Saturdays.
- Special programs for infants, one year olds, and two year olds are offered on Wednesday mornings on a rotating basis. Space is limited and Pre-registration is absolutely required. You will not be admitted if you are not registered.
- Look for special programs organized by the Friends.
- The computer center staff organizes Sunday afternoon MOOC discussion groups.
For current details and exact dates please check
Adult book discussions are sponsored by the Friends, anyone is welcome to attend any session, and no membership or registration is necessary.
For dates, times, online discussion, and the current book please check the Friends of the Takoma Park Maryland Library web site.
We occasionally post supplementary information and links on the library's news blog.