Do you need a library card? There are two steps
- If you have never had a card from this library, first go to the catalog and create an account. Complete every field, no abbreviations. Alternatively you can fill out a paper application. They are available at the library.
- Next, either bring a photo ID and proof of residency to the library, or register here for help so we can issue an actual card and address any problems.
If you already have an account but it isn't working go directly to step two.
Cards are free for residents of Montgomery County.
If you live elsewhere but work in Takoma Park, or are currently registered at either
the Takoma Park campus of Montgomery College or
Washington Adventist University, you too can get a free card.
Students at the four local public and parochial schools are also eligible for free cards.
- Takoma Park Elementary School
- Piney Branch Elementary School
- Takoma Park Middle School
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School
Do you actually live inside the City?
Receiving your mail through the Takoma Park post office does not mean you live here. The zip code 20912 does not correspond to the City boundaries.