While we are closed, we are not charging fines
We do charge replacement costs for items not returned within six months
Please check your account on the due date to see if your items auto-renewed. We do not renew items manually.
Items for which someone is waiting are not renewed. Almost everything else is automatically renewed once.
Please note: your card has to be current and valid, or no checkouts or renewals will be possible.
You must return books checked out from this library to this library.
If you return them elsewhere they may eventually get back here, but we can't check anything back in until it is here, and has been in quarantine for a few days.
- Books and CDs are checked out for three weeks, and renewals extend to three weeks past the original return date.
- Magazines now have the same checkout periods as books.
- Reference books cannot be checked out at all.
- Please log in to your account to place holds on books that are currently checked out.
- If we have a current e-mail address in your record, a message will automatically be sent to you when the book becomes available.
LIBRARY CARD FEES
- Library cards are free for residents of the City of Takoma Park, as well as those who work or go to school within the city limits.
- Non-resident cards are currently free for those who live elsewhere in Montgomery County.
- There is a $60 per year fee for residents of other jurisdictions (PG County; DC; etc.)
- Additional information on library cards.