Please remember: You can call us at 301-891-7259 on the due date to see if your items auto-renewed. We do not renew items manually.
Items for which someone is waiting are not renewed. Almost everything else is automatically renewed once.
Please note: your card has to be current and valid, or no checkouts or renewals will be possible.
|If your materials are late:
|Juvenile book maximum
|Adult book maximum
You must return books checked out from this library to this library.
If you return them elsewhere they may eventually get back here, but meanwhile the fines will be accumulating. We can't check anything back in until it is physically here in our hands.
- The newest magazines do not check out. Older ones can be checked out for one week, and renewals extend to one week past the original due date.
- Books and CDs are checked out for three weeks, and renewals extend to three weeks past the original return date.
- Reference books cannot be checked out at all. But we do have a photocopier.
- You can call us to place a hold on a book. 301-891-7259
- Books on reserve will be held for you for exactly seven days from the moment of check-in. (168 hours) An allowance is automatically made for days when we are closed.
- If we have a current e-mail address in your record, a message will automatically be sent to you when the book arrives at the desk.
LIBRARY CARD FEES
- Library cards are free for residents of the City of Takoma Park, as well as those who work or go to school within the city limits.
- Non-resident cards are currently free for those who live elsewhere in Montgomery County.
- There is a $60 per year fee for residents of other jurisdictions (PG County; DC; etc.)
- Additional information on library cards.