398.368 Hagened The Spirit of Trees: Science, Symbiosis, and Inspiration by Fred Hageneder
Quick Dewey lesson: 398 is folklore.
Now two book lists for Arbor Day.
A. Living Trees
B. What Is That Tree?
- Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree
- The various trees in Tolkein's Lord of the Rings series see: Tolkein and his Trees
- Lloyd Alexander's The Wizard in the Tree
- So You Want to be a Wizard by Diane Duane
- Tree in the Trail by Holling Clancy Holling
- An Elm Tree and 3 Sisters, Norma Sommerdorf
- and the Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne
You can bring a leaf in to the library and look through the books or you can do it the other way round, check out a book and walk it round to the trees.
- J 582.16 ARNOSKY Crinkleroot's guide to knowing the trees / by Jim Arnosky
- J 582.16 LYON A B Cedar : an alphabet of trees / by George Ella Lyon ; designed and illustrated by Tom Parker
- 582.16 PETRIDE A field guide to eastern trees : eastern United States and Canada, including the Midwest / George A. Petrides ; illustrated by Janet Wehr
- MD-R 582.16 LEAF Leaf key to common trees in Maryland
- 582.16 PETRIDE A field guide to trees and shrubs : northeastern and north-central United States and southeastern and south-central Canada / George A. Petrides ; illustrations by George A. Petrides and Roger Tory Peterson
- 582.16 PLOTNIK The urban tree book : an uncommon field guide for city and town / Arthur Plotnik ; in consultation with The Morton Arboretum ; illustrated by Mary H. Phelan.
- 582.16 S988 The tree identification book: a new method for the practical identification and recognition of trees / Photos. by Stephen V. Chelminski.
- 582.1609 BLOUIN An eclectic guide to trees east of the Rockies / Glen Blouin.
- R 582.16 C552 City of Trees : the complete field guide to the trees of Washington, D.C. / text by Melanie Choukas-Bradley ; illustrations by Polly Alexander
Posted by library at April 12, 2007 10:19 AM